Frequently Asked Questions this Year
1. Are we having in-person or Zoom classes? At this time, we are not offering in-person classes at all. There are Zoom classes for youth in grades 7 - 12 only. Please contact Livia Telles-Rodriguez (email@example.com) for information regarding those classes.
2. How do we get our workbooks and other materials? Workbooks and materials for children will be picked up at the parish. Please click here for the Sign-Up Genius to select a day and time.
3. We're used to weekly classes. How does this year work?
For families who participated in the weekly R.E. classes, this might be a little more confusing than for those who participated in our monthly program. In our monthly programs, families come together, and we begin with a whole-family activity. Then, after about half an hour, children and youth go off to their age-level classes, and the parents have an adult class. For the weeks between the monthly gatherings, kids and parents work on the workbook chapters together since they weren’t being taught them weekly during class. Those pages were turned in at the next monthly gathering.
That’s how we planned this year’s program except without gathering in person. So, the Family Projects (2 for grades 1 - 6 kids/parents; 1 for grades 7 - 12) are in place of our whole-family activity at the beginning. The monthly homework is something that is turned in, ideally, at the end-of-the-month using our drop box this year. So, on the calendar you’ll see something about “Due by the end of October.” That’s the end-of-the-chapter Review, worksheets or questions, and the projects. If you don’t get them turned in exactly by the end of the month, that’s okay. We just want them within about a month or two of the month they’re due. All homework and projects for the fall semester must be turned in by the end of December.
4. What do we turn in? Click here for an easy list of what to turn in. If you still have questions, please reach out to one of us! (See email addresses at the bottom of this Newsletter.)
5. When do we turn in all the homework? Please do your best to turn in the homework at the end of each month. If it's a week or two late, that's okay. Please DO NOT wait until the end of the semester or year to turn in a stack of homework. All first semester homework MUST be turned in by the end of December.
6. Do we have to pay for a FORMED account or app? No. The parish paid for all Faith Formation participants. Make sure you add "Austin" when you type in "St. Catherine of Siena" because it won't come up on its own. That should get you in.
Do you have any other questions that should be included in our FAQs for this year?
Email them to Marti Salas (firstname.lastname@example.org).